Saturday, October 11, 2008

Update: First week

I've finally adjusted to the time difference and the perpetual tiredness of the +11 hour time difference. Woke up at 0500, let the miao-ing cat in from the garage, and had a long look outside at the garden. Mauritius is more wintery than usual, with blustery winds, fine drizzle and dark clouds dominating the skies. It feels more like July and less like October (remember, this is the Southern Hemisphere).

Let me give you a glimpse of my accommodations. I'm staying in my sister's room, which used to be my brother's room, a charming room, complete with luminescent stars on the ceiling, an attached bathroom, air conditioner/heater (which of course there's no use for these days), and a remarkable doll museum:

Here are some pictures of my room:

You might be asking, what about my own room, that I occupied from 1990-1992 as a student in Mauritius. Well it's now a fully-functional gym, that my father uses every night:

From this:

To this:

To this:

(and that's not counting the beach! Return on Wednesday to see latest pictures)

No comments: