Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Strangest phone call

On Monday evening, while I writhed in bed with dehydration, I got a call from a 619 number. San Diego, I remembered. Might be Arlene, might be Bruce, might be James. Anyway, they can wait.

When I returned the call, I found out that the call was for a reference. For someone that had worked for me in the past. But the most interesting things were:

The interviewer wanted to interview me in PERSON
The interviewer had flown to the Bay Area from San Diego just to interview me
The interviewer could not tell me what job this was for
The interviewer could not tell me the name of the candidate
The interviewer did not know where Redwood Shores was
The interviewer told me she would stay in the SF Bay Area until I was ready to meet her.

I'm meeting her in 1 hour in Palo Alto. I'm nervous...

No comments: